Candelilla Wax Presentations
Candelilla wax is characterized by its high content of hydrocarbons, constituting at 50%, the wax has a sticky consistency thanks to its resin content which constitutes 40% of its weight.
Wax Chemical Properties
Penetration (dmm) ASTM D-1321
Number of acidity (mg KOH/g) USP 401
Ester Number (mg KOH/g) USP 401
Saponification (mg KOH/g) USP 401
Melting point range (C°) USP 741 Clase II
Candelilla Wax Industrial Applications
Composition and percentage proportions.
The data contained are in percentage by weight.
- It is recognized for being used as a main ingredient in many of the products within the food industry.
- The FDA (Food and Drug Administration of the United States) classifies it as a safe natural substance.
- Cataloged as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe).
- Insoluble in water but dissolves basic dyes.
- Highly soluble in acetone, chloroform, benzene and other organic solvents.
- High melting point and can achieve gloss on its surface when polished.
- It is hard, brittle, easy to pulverize and has a yellow or brown color depending on its degree of refinement.